Are you interested in adopting a Soft Coated Wheaten Terrier from our breed rescue? If so, here are the steps you need to follow:
- Complete our online application below. Our application is detailed and asks many questions that will help us find the Wheaten that would be a good match for you and your family. If you have a change in status please let us know us immediately.
- Once we receive your adoption application you will get an email stating that we have the application.
- We'll then begin looking for the perfect match for you and your family. If a dog becomes available that matches your needs, we will contact you and email photos of the dog to you.
- A visit will then be arranged between you and the foster family. This first visit is a "meet and greet." You will be asked to bring other family members and other dogs.
- You go home and think about it.
- If both the foster family and you feel that the dog is a match, the adoption proceeds.
Please fill out the rescue application completely so that the application can be processed. We thank you for considering a Rescued Wheaten as your next pet.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact:
The questions below are meant to help you determine if a Soft Coated Wheaten Terrier (SCWT) is the right breed for you, and to guide you in thinking about all the ways a dog will impact your life. We encourage you to check out other sections of our website to learn about the training and grooming needs, as well as health issues SCWTs have.
Before you send in this application to adopt a SCWT Rescue, make sure you’ve thought about what having this dog—or any pet—means. SCWTs need nourishing food, clean water, regular exercise, regular grooming, veterinary exams, and lots of love and care. Rescue dogs, in particular, need training and attention. The questions below address various aspects of dog ownership and should be given serious consideration before you decide to share your life with a SCWT. Your answers help us assess your suitability as a home for a SCWT and to match a dog to your particular lifestyle. Please be as specific as possible and answer all questions as completely and truthfully as you can.